How to Clean and Maintain Stainless Steel Toilet Partitions
The following is a guide on how to care for and clean Stainless Steel Toilet Partitions:
Stainless owes its corrosion resistance to a thin, transparent, tightly adhering chromium oxide film that forms on the metal surface. If this film is scratched or otherwise penetrated, it rapidly reforms as long as oxygen is present. It becomes very critical then that the stainless steel surface be kept clean through the use of a routine maintenance program.
Stainless Steel Toilet Partitions should regularly be cleaned by maintenance staff to maintain a new appearance and a sanitary environment.
- Removing Dirt & Grime: All surfaces should be washed with a mild dish-washing liquid soap or powdered detergent, ammonia, and warm water. Use a soft cloth. The material should then be rinsed with clear water and wiped with a damp sponge and dried.
- Removing Smears & Fingerprints: Use Arcal 20, Lac-O-Nu, Lumin Wash, O’Cedar Cream Polish or Stainless Shine. Rub the surface with a cloth as directed on the package.
- Removing Stubborn Spots, Stains, & Light Discolorations: Use Allchem Concentrated Cleaner Samae, Twinkle, Camaeo Copper Cleaner, Grade FFF Italian Pumice Whiting, Steel Bright, Lumin Cleaner, Zud, Retoro, StaClean, Highlite Cooper’s Stainless Steel Cleaner, Revere Stainless Steel Cleaner. Apply with a damp sponge or cloth. Then rinse with clear water and wipe dry. You can also use Household cleansers such as Old Dutch, Lighthouse, Sunbrite, Wyandotte, Bab-O, Gold Dust, Sapolio, Bon Ami or Comet. For these household cleansers, rub with a damp cloth. They may contain chlorine bleaches, so rinse thoroughly after use and wipe dry. Or… You can also use Liquid NuSteel, Paste NuSteel or Dubois Temp. For these products, rub the surface with a dry cloth using only a small amount of cleanser. Rinse with water and dry.
- Removing Heat Tint & Heavy Discolorations: use Penny-Brite, Copper Brite, Paste Nu-Steel, Dubois Temp or Tarnite and rub onto surface with a dry cloth. You can also use Revere Stainless Steel Cleaner, Allen Polish, Steel Bright, Wyandotte, Bab-O or Zud. For these cleansers, apply with a damp sponge or cloth, rinse thoroughly and wipe dry.
- Removing Tenacious Deposits, Discoloration, & Industrial Atmospheric Stains: Use Oakite No 33 Dilac, Texo NY, FlashKlenz, Caddy Cleaner, Turco Scale 4368 or Permag 57. Swab and soak with a clean cloth. Let stand 15 minutes or more according to directions on package. Then rinse and wipe dry.
- Removing Discoloration Caused by Cleaning Agents Containing Hydrochloric Acid or Chlorine Bleach: Use 3M Scotch Bright Pad, type A Grade “Fine”. Clean off the surface soil using cleaning methods above. Then rub discolored or corroded areas lightly with dry pad. Should there be any deviation from these guidelines, Metpar will not accept responsibility for product failure.
- Removing Graffiti: For areas of stubborn graffiti, commercial graffiti removers can be used. Make sure to test in an inconspicuous area as some of these products can damage the plastic surface or cause a haze.
- Cleaning Hardware: To maintain the brilliance of hardware, these components can be periodically improved by an application of non-abrasive cleaner with a damp cloth.
- Securing Hardware: Tighten any screws that have become loose due to vibrational forces or attempted vandalism.
Always rub in the direction of stainless steel polish lines for maximum effectiveness and to avoid marring the surface.
Note regarding cleaning agents that should not be utilized on stainless steel toilet partitions:
The use of severe chemicals in the washroom area, such as muriatic acid or other caustic chemicals, may cause permanent damage to all stainless steel surfaces and chrome-plated hardware. Muriatic acid (for cleaning masonry) or similar hydrochloric acid-type cleaners must immediately be neutralized and scrubbed off with clean water if splashed, sprayed, spilled or otherwise in contact with a stainless steel component
Under no circumstances should the following agents be used on stainless steel toilet partitions:
- Abrasive powders or scouring pads.
- Toilet bowl cleaners.
- Ceramic tile cleaners.
- Solutions containing aggressive acid, such as Lime-A-Way, Soft Scrub, Tilex, etc.